Pennsic War Meeting - August 2009
Thursday @ almost dark (until dark-thirty)
Sr. Servant (Gozen)
- Nothing major to report, small camp due to economy / izumi
- Would like to see a dialogue begin on the listserve regarding the evolution and movement forward of the house
Kelley - requests that everyone think before they type, remember the people themselves and their good deeds to the house
Lenora - seconds this and asks that everyone be aware of possible miscommunications especially with regards to tone and sarcasm. also, please be positive.
Deirdre - would like a new Domesday sent out, and for actual phone calls to become more prevalent in communication within the house.
Sophie - passed around a piece of paper for all at meeting to write their Domesday updates on to submit all together.
Izumi - reminds you to change your post topics when applicable and to trim your posts.
Treasury (Gozen / Deirdre)
paid $ 120 for trailer
paid $ 200 to deirdre for war funds / petty cash
$ 1,222.02 current balance estimate at that time
Deirdre - may have to use more for Pennsic costs especially as some things cost the same even though there are fewer people (pizza, keg, firewood);real treasury report to come.
- stepping down next year, would like to have new warlord appointed well before next Pennsic, and ideally at/by Ladies
- mention that there was a proposal from Clovenshield to become a "franchise" of their group b/c of our smaller numbers, nothing has been done with this at this time
- There was a vote and unanimous consensus that Nominations for the Next Warlord should be submitted to the Servants BY WINTER GATHER; There will be a vote of the household at LADIES EVENT for the next Warlord (based on the nominations recieved). This is a similar voting format as our household nomination of Sr. Servant. This information will immediately be posted in the caterwauls, and the nominees names will be submitted in the following catterwauls so they will be available to all in the household well before Ladies event voting.
Gozen - thanks Thorvaaldr vor his service as warlord, and Vivats are given by the house
- would like to see at least 50 preregistered next year, so start finding some friends.
- izumi concedes that everything is his fault, and a vote of confidence is put to the house. It is unanimously agreed that Izumi continue as Slumlord.
- Vivats given to Izumi for his hard work on making a great camp this war, as previous, dispite all of the things that are his fault.
Pipers Report (Keldra)
- had 6 pipers this war, it was fun, lets do it again.
- Marc the Grimm won first place, Pisspot won second. McKenna won some dunny d & snacks from Kyle for his cool moves.
- Keldra agreed to be in charge again and there where no objections
- proposes that some type of momento be given to the pipers in addition to their scotch so that they have a keepsake after the bottle is gone.
- Vivats to Tibbott for MCing
- reminder that it follows the meeting, for everyone who agreed to do a job to do it, and if you don't have a job then find somewhere to help out.
Thistle Issue (Deirdre)
- addresses that there have been some issues with the order itself and the head of the order, lack of progress and positive forword movement with the order and it's head (designation and making of scrolls is a continued concern, education of newer members on making of belts/hats/bracelets and leading in the construction of these things for the household, etc.)
- there was a call for a new head of the order, Lenora volunteered and it was unanimously agreed. Lenora is the new head of the thistles.
Lenora - "ready to get shit going!", will continue to talk to other thistles during/after war for suggestions to get things going!
- no cat meeting this year, no inductions
- would like to see more drive fromt he fighters as well as cats to excell and become an elite fighting group again, even with small numbers.
- not lowering standards just to accept cats, so push yourselves!
- Marcon inducted for horse shooting (Eckvarka is her new name, formerly known as Marta, proper spelling expected to come!)
- no inductions at this time
Keldra - aknowledged Kyle's hard work in the camp (digging trenches, fire pit, beer pit, splitting wood, ice runs, trash runs, tiki torches, and a bunch more). Kyle was given a mug as a thank you from the Wrens for his service to the camp.
- Gozen inducted for her barding of the horses for equestrian events
- Siearra inducted for her stained glass for the gates (which we hope to see again!), all of her garb and sewing and prettying angus, etc.
- having fun, even though a small group
- Gozen had recieved the White Horn today - vivats!
- inducted Eckvarka (formerly Marta/Marcon)
Old Business - none
- Articles are at war to read and review by the house
- TJ posted link to the articles forum so feel free to read that and see the thought process if you so choose. also feel free to ask any of the members of the articles committee personally if you would like clarification of or reasoning for anything.
- There was a vote put to the house to a) have the Articles as they are given to the Servants for reveiew/refinement or b) post to the house as the committee has finished them, there was a unanimous vote to post them to the house. They will be posted on the listserve/website and the Caterwauls. There will be a Yea/Nea vote on them to be approved as the New Articles at WINTER GATHER. If the committee revision is voted down by the house then we can discuss what revisions need to be made.
Ladies Next Year (Gozen)
- start thinking
Keldra & Elidth - volunteer to cook again
Gozen - was approached to Co-Event Ladies with Endless Hills in conjunction with Melee Madness at the Fairgrounds. Mixed feelings from the house and this is up for discussion.
Deirdre - will talk to Ellesbeth about the previous auction items that where donated and what is beging done with them.
Heavy Weapons Equestrian (Gozen)
- new authorization process for Heavy Weapons Equestrian fighters
- would like these fighters to be able to recieve belts as the traditional heavy weapons, combat archers and rapier fighters do
Jeff - if you are fighting with weapons, you should. This does not include tournament style games, but heavy combat
Angus - if you put yourself in harms way against and opponent for the house, then yes you deserve a belt
Gozen gave Rhea a belt for Eq. Heavy Weapons
Thorvaaldr gave Eckvarka a belt for Eq. Heavy Weapons
Elidth introduced Senna (Zeb) who has been to armor workshops, is having tons of fun at this his first war
Lenora introduced Valerie
Kaitly introduced her boyfriend, Mick
Angus introduced Brian who has been to armor workshops, lives in the Atlantia area at the moment, and can hold his liquour
Aldor was belted during the week as a member of the house before having to leave (he is in the military).
- think about next years food instead of pizza as that seems to be of fizzling interest (and quality!)
Keldra - proposes Sophie's previous idea of a picnic style to minimize cleanup and share food. This can include potluck type stuff you want to get out of your cooler.
- another option is a resurection of pasta night, but cleanup would be needed.
- booze and bootie was given to us for payment
- bath salts, coins, mead
- waterbearers where given tokens from Northshield each day they where on the field.
- recognized Beathan, Jeff and Eamonn for their amazingness on the field
- these three where given Edwardian Pennies as tokens for their deeds
- Additional thanks given to waterbearers where where plentiful and ready on the field
Elidith - will be stepping down as the constant in-charge waterbearer and is training Grania for the job.
Sophie & Meg the Red