for all things pokey-pokey!
- The True Art Of Defense - online manual to fencing
- Historical Martial Arts Research - or HMA
- The Works of George Silver - as well as other defense manuals
- The Spanish Circle - An examination of the background & period use of the Spanish Circle a/k/a La Destreza
- Comprehension of Destreza- from the Association for Renaissance Martial Arts (ARMA)
- Destreza (Spanish swordplay) - Choosing a weapon for the Spanish Tradition, on A Midsummer Night's Blog
- Caranza translation (from Bill Wilson) - Book of Jeronimo de Caranza, native of Sevill
- Destreza translation and research project - http://www.destreza.us/
- Instructional Video: La Verdadera Destreza: The True Art and Skill of Spanish Swordsmanship
SCA Guidelines & Specifications
- Aethelmearc Rapier Marshalls Handbook (2006) - the rules of Fence in Aethelmearc
- East Kingdom Rapier Rules - same stuff, as it pertains to the East
- Blade Types & Conventions - denotes legal blades and for whether heavy or light Rapier, all SCA Kingdoms
- Rapier Guidelines for Pennsic War (2011) - some info is different from the AE rules, so be sure to read!
- In the Press: "Fencers hone their skills in Mifflinburg" Article by Tammy Burke
- AEthelmearc's Rapier Survey 2011 - Help them help you! The survey will be up until January 1st 2011, after which the results will be shared with the KMOF and the Order of the White Scarf, and a summary will also be published for the rapier community at large. However the survey will be completely anonymous, we will not even be aware of your IP address.