Ladies That Wasn't - May 2010 - Minutes (by Dierdre)
- The 4 orders had nothing to report.
- Zara announced we have $1395.81 in the coffers and would put a financial report on the listserv for the gather which she has already posted to the listserv.
- Warlord vote was done as a vote of confidence with votes tendered previous the meeting as per the instructions on the listserve as a yes or no. Our new Warlord is Angus. Angus spoke about trying new things, about regional practices, intershires, and had an informal meeting with the fighters after the meeting.
- New servants are Sophie and Beathan.
- Dougal is our new Ladies’ Champion.
- Per Beth, she spoke about the changes regarding minors at Pennsic and new rules that will be imposed. She recommends all parents read the Pennsic book so they know what the rules are. Some that were discussed were no minor can take part of an A&S activity at Pennsic without the attendance of his or her parent. How security will have 2 unrelated adults if any minor needs to be transported. Etc. Any one wanting more details can contact Ellesbeth directly.
- Kelly announced we need more sheetwalls as our old ones are still defunct. Zara agreed to put an article on the listserv as to how they are constructed and she has done so. Everyone, especially ones attending Pennsic, please bring a sheetwall panel.
- We spoke on burn-out on our Caterwauls editors and suggested that we may want to go back to having 4 editors that rotate.
- A discussion was started about what procedure should be if we have individuals who have left the household and would like to return. It was suggested that we have different opinions presented as an article for the Caterwauls for people to mull over and decide. Deirdre volunteered to be a point person; however, if anyone else would like to volunteer to do this, please let her know.
- Keldra volunteered to take on Pipers again and reminded everyone about trying out Confed picnic which will replace Confed Pizza before the household meeting.
- Deirdre volunteered to organize Margarita Night.
** (Unfortunately, unless something changes financially and quickly, I will be unable to attend Pennsic this year. Therefore, I am looking for someone to carry out organizing the party in my absence. Please contact me if interested. After getting voluteers, the party pretty much runs itself.) **